Position Title: Care Center Intern Department: Care Coordination/Care Center
Navigating the crisis of homelessness and the challenges that come with it is overwhelming for our guests. Our role at Knox Area Rescue Ministries is to come alongside our guests and help them deal with these challenges. The Care Center Intern will shave the opportunity to serve in an interdisciplinary team approach in the newly opened Care Center. The intern will have the opportunity to triage mental and physical health in cooperation with professionals in the medical service area in our community. Community advocacy and resource linking will offer an opportunity to know the magnitude of health concerns in this vulnerable population. The position will have the opportunity to provide critical support to our guests in these roles. The position will potentially work with guests at Knox Area Rescue Ministries and with those who have transitioned into independent living. The Care Center intern can come from the different disciplines of counseling, social work, nursing and any health related program.
Care Center Flow assist
Follow up assessment
Interdisciplinary Team approach
Development opportunities include, but are not limited to:
· Operate as Care Center liaison for mental and medical health partners that are on site at KARM.
· Become familiar with the resources for people experiencing homelessness within KARM and in the Knoxville community.
· Assist with Care Center Follow-Up with scheduling.
· Assist with Care Center flow.
· Engage with guests who are referred to the Care Center for assessments.
· Triage and educate on needed 911 calls or Care Center Assessments.
· Conduct interviews while maintaining the dignity of our guests and offering them overwhelming biblical hospitality.
· Build conflict management and de-escalation skills
· Gain understanding of integrative approach and interdisciplinary approach to wellness for the homeless individual.
Self-starter, flexible and motivator to others
Willingness to learn and apply new skills
A team-oriented work mentality
Mature follower of Jesus
Able to enforce boundaries
A service-inspired work ethic