Meet Your Peace Corps Recruiter!
Meet Your Peace Corps Recruiter: Erica Ward
- Name: Erica Ward
- Pronouns: She/Her
- Title: Regional Recruiter
- PC service info: Malawi, 2010-2012 & Ethiopia, 2018-2020, Health sector
- Education: Warren Wilson College, B.A. (Religious Studies) in 2006, Starr King School for the Ministry, M.Div. in 2016
- EOD: October 25, 2021
- Duty station: Louisville, KY
- Territory information: Kentucky, Southern West Virginia & Southern Indiana
- Contact information: 502-202-4832 or email@example.com
Erica Ward served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Malawi from 2010 to 2012 and in Ethiopia from 2018-2020 in the Health sector. In Malawi, she worked with teachers and other community members to coach youth in life skills, with a focus on HIV/AIDS prevention. Additionally, she managed construction of a school dormitory for girls through the Peace Corps Partnership Program. In Ethiopia, Erica worked with community health workers and families on water, sanitation, hygiene, and nutrition projects. Additionally, she worked with a local teacher to teach youth about HIV/AIDS and life skills through the Grassroots Soccer program. Erica earned her B.A. in Religious Studies from Warren Wilson College in 2006 and her M.Div. from Starr King School for the Ministry in 2016. Prior to Peace Corps Ethiopia, Erica served as a hospital chaplain intern and resident in San Francisco.
Erica joined Peace Corps’ staff in October 2021. As a native midwesterner (Milwaukee, WI) who has also lived in the south (Asheville, NC and New Orleans, LA), Erica is excited to serve as a Peace Corps Regional Recruiter with a duty location of Louisville, Kentucky, a hybrid midwestern/southern city. Erica’s recruitment region includes Kentucky and parts of southern West Virginia and southern Indiana.