VizSense is a full-service influencer marketing agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection. Are you the type of person who always goes the extra mile? Are you passionate about your craft and always striving to improve? If so, we encourage you to apply and become part of the magic behind VizSense!
What you know matters more to us than how you learned it. We are looking for people who love learning, teaching, solving problems, and working as a team. We’re looking for candidates who want to join our company, make a career here and take us to the next level – we’re doing great things at VizSense!
What we’re looking for in a BACKEND DEVELOPER
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field; 5 years preferred work experience in modern software development
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills; including experience working in iterative development process
- Capable of working (and thriving) in a fast-paced environment, learning rapidly, and mastering diverse web technologies and techniques
- Familiarity with application and data security best practices as well as with server-side design patterns and architecture
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working independently on projects with minimal supervision, but also able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong familiarity with statistics and data analysis, as well as expert analytical and debugging skills; including above average version control discipline and solid experience with git.
– Practical experience with most or many of the following:
- Apache Spark
- Apache Zeppelin
- Java 8+
- Spring Boot
- Spring Framework
- Spring REST Docs
- Spring Web/REST
– Bonus points if you have experience or are eager to learn about:
- D3 js or other widely used visualization libraries
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Metricbeat
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc. (we use AWS)
- One or more no-SQL databases (Mongo, OrientDB, Neo4j etc.)
Essential job responsibilities
- Efficiently juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with competing priorities
- Engage with Client Services, Business Development and executive management to build Ad Hoc queries and prototype data analysis outputs using wide range of tools; with the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems
- Occasional participation in deployment and infrastructure configuration activities on AWS and Linux
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
- Work alongside Marketing Research Analysts and other team members to collect, process, and analyze structured and unstructured data from a variety of public and private sources and APIs
- Work with UI/UX developers to build APIs, data sources and data lakes that can efficiently support visualization/consumption by various front-end systems
About the location
Our team is concentrated at the Dallas HQ office in Deep Ellum.
Job Family: Development Team
People Manager: No
Reports to: Director of Systems Architecture
Seniority Level: Associate
Travel Required: Ability to travel is required (typically 10% or less, may be higher depending on assignments)
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Local candidates only – no relocation is available for this position.
At VizSense, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. VizSense is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.