The Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Manufacturing and Energy Management Supply Chain is looking for a dynamic, innovative executive to lead the Batteries and Critical Materials unit in Manufacturing and Energy Supply Chains (MESC). Batteries and Critical Materials (BCM) partners within batteries and critical materials processing, manufacturing and recycling private industry states, local governments, retailers and higher education institutions to strengthen and security U.S. clean energy supply chains.
As the Deputy Director for Batteries and Critical Materials you will:
- Serve as a key member of MESC’s senior leadership team, reporting to MESC’s Principal Deputy Director.
- Manage programs developing domestic materials processing, manufacturing, and recycling capabilities for batteries for use in electric vehicles and other applications.
- Direct and manage programs to strengthen the domestic supply of critical materials for use in batteries and other clean energy applications through recycling and other critical materials processing pathways.
- Determine financial and personnel resources needed to achieve mission objectives and operations.
- Identifies needs for organizational improvements.
- Directs Batteries and Critical Materials staff, providing technical and administrative supervision over senior managers and staff.
- Advises Principal Deputy Director and other senior Department officials in preparation for meetings with external organizations, Congress, and key committee staff on legal and political implications of BCM/MESC programs and policies.