The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky is accepting applications for the volunteer position of Student Intern. The term of the internship will be during the Fall 2021 semester.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive general incoming telephone calls to the Information Technology department and respond or forward calls to the appropriate individual
- Prepare routine reports and assist in the installation of upgrades on new or revised off-the-shelf/desktop releases.
- Assist in set-up, configure, and install and document hardware and software.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and internet.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, which include the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, are essential.
- Ability to exercise mature judgement.
- Compliance with the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees and court confidentiality requirements.
- Be well groomed and exhibit a professional appearance.
Candidate must be a high school graduate or equivalent and currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Interns are unpaid volunteers and are not benefits eligible. Interns would be responsible for parking and transportation to the work site.
CONDITIONS OF INTERNSHIP
Incumbent must be a United States citizen and must complete a successful background check for this position. Incumbent must complete 15 hours per week over the course of the internship. Work schedule will be determined upon internship offer, while work must be completed during standard business hours.