Employer: Turner Enterprises Management, LLC
Supervisory Position: No
Job Title: Main House Housekeeper
Uses Time & Attendance: No
Location: Alder, Montana
Time & Attendance Supervisor: Billy Salada
Division: Snowcrest Ranch
Home Department: 408
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Seasonal / Non-Benefits Eligible
Housing Provided: Yes
TURNER RANCHES SUMMARY
Turner Ranches are collectively known as the largest and most progressive bison operation in the world. We stand at the forefront of research, innovation, conservation, and production in the bison industry. Our mission statement, “To manage Turner Lands in an economically and ecologically sustainable manner while conserving native species and habitats” provides a solid foundation for how we exercise balanced stewardship of the land while integrating conservation and commerce. We are passionate about improving land health and diversity through innovative grazing practices and conservation management. Our Ranches are the model for sustainable ranching practices throughout the western United States. Low-stress livestock handling is an important component of how we promote the ethical and moral treatment of our animals. Our diverse team consists of veterinary, wildlife biology, ecology, range management, ranch management, and hospitality professionals who provide a unique balance of knowledge and insight into the balanced management of the properties. We provide an atmosphere where our employees can grow and progress through work experience, training, and community involvement. If you are passionate about sustainable ranching and conservation, help us make a difference and be part of something great!
The Snowcrest Ranch is a 38,000-acre property located in the mountain foothills of Southwest Montana in the upper Ruby River Valley. Recreational opportunities and wildlife are abundant. The Ranch raises genetically unique Castle Rock bison and grazes around 1,200-1,400 head. The progressive grazing includes Management-intensive Grazing, rest rotation, and Holistic Management practices. Bison handling is frequent, and the crew strives to be stockmen and grass managers first and foremost. The Ranch ecosystem includes 19 miles of sinuous river weaving through the lowlands and the Snowcrest mountains at over 10,000’ elevation within the operational ranch boundaries. The Ranch headquarters is 19 miles from the nearest town with a K-6 school, post office, and gas station (Alder). K-12 school, and groceries are 29 miles (Sheridan). The nearest large grocery stores and conveniences are in Dillon (1.25 hours) or Bozeman (2 hours).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Turner Enterprises Management is currently seeking a dedicated Main House Housekeeper with a strong attention to detail to ensure an exceptional guest experience in a luxury setting. The successful employee must be willing to travel to other Montana properties as needed. The Main House Housekeeper must have a strong measure of integrity and willing to work alone and in a team setting.
As a Main House Housekeeper, the job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the cleanliness and presentation of guest housing and accommodations.
- Ensure guest service is at the highest possible level.
- Ensure and coordinate the laundering and ironing of guest linen as needed.
- Inspect all rooms /outdoor areas meet department standards.
- Report maintenance issues.
- Inform Management of any guest issues.
- Maintain safe environment for both staff and Guests.
- Yard maintenance and landscaping that includes watering, weeding, pruning and yard cleanup.
- Maintain, water, and harvest two greenhouses.
- Detail and fuel guest personal vehicles.
- Shop for groceries and house articles as needed.
- Run personal errands as needed.
- Coordinate annual deep cleaning of facilities.
- Stay up to date on the most efficient eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
- Maintain knowledge of handling hazardous materials.
- Assist Chef with meals when necessary.
- Stay up to date on most efficient eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
- Maintain communication with Supervisor via email, text and / or phone.
- All other duties as assigned.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to understand and respond to individual guests’ needs.
- Must demonstrate care and compassion for team members both in and out of the department.
- Speaks about others in and out of department in a positive light.
- Must be self-directed, energetic, and motivated with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Must be creative and willing to work with existing core department philosophy and style.
- Facilitates positive employee image and effective guest and coworker relations by demonstrating attention to detail, congeniality, integrity, and sound judgement.
- Must demonstrate clean work habits and strong attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will always conduct themselves in a professional manner in and out of the work setting.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work individually or part of a team.
- Must be able to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in during periods of uncertainty or crisis.
Housing will be provided in a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom house. The employee may be subject to sharing the house with 2 other employees in which the common areas will be shared. The house is partially furnished with a kitchen and laundry machines. Basic utilities will be provided by the company including water, power, propane, local landline telephone and internet access.
The employee must possess excellent communication skills, written, via phone, and in person. The employee must be fluent in English, both written and verbal.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
5 years’ applicable experience is highly preferred. At least 1 year of experience in high end house cleaning or hotel setting is required.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
If position requires operation of a vehicle, the employee must possess a valid Driver’s License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment. The employee’s driving record must meet the standards and requirements of the Company and the Company’s insurance carrier.
- The employee must adhere to Company and Ranch policies and procedures, which are included in the Turner Enterprises Management Employee Handbook.
- The employee must present documentation establishing both identity and employment authorization within three days of hire, pursuant to federal law.
- The candidate will be subject to undergo pre-employment drug test and background check, (after offer is given but before applicant has commenced work). Random drug tests are given throughout the year.
- The Company operates as a drug free/smoke free workplace.
- The employee must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- The employee must present a clean personal appearance.
- The employee must be flexible with schedule and able to travel to another property as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must have the ability to lift and/ move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work long hours and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and toxic/caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
*In accordance with applicable law, the Company will reasonably accommodate any disabled individual who requests an accommodation that will allow him/her to perform the essential job duties or functions of his/her position. Accommodation inquires must be made to the Company’s Human Resources Department for consideration.”
Turner Enterprises Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Smoke Free/Drug-Free Workplace.
For more information, and to apply online, visit www.tedturner.com.