SOKY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM GENERAL INTERNSHIP
Overview: The internship is intended to give an overall experience with Special Olympics Kentucky. We have a very wide and varied scope so good experiences are available in many areas. Hours per week will be determined by student and/or class requirements. This is an unpaid internship with days of the week being flexible.
Supervisors: will work under the direction of several SOKY staff members depending on the assignment for the day/week.
Timeline: Determined by student
- • Data entry for both competitive events and special events (fundraisers).
- • Assist with administrative duties to include; mailings, copying, collating, sorting, etc.
- • Event preparation to include; on-site packets, sorting t-shirts, organizing equipment, etc.
- • Assist in the recruitment of Special Event participants (polar plunges, plane/truck pull events, etc.) targeting colleges, high schools and church groups.
- • Identify outlets for event marketing materials (and deliver).
- • Assist with the volunteer processing procedures.
- • Assist with event set-up; special events/fundraisers and competitive events.
- • Assist with follow-up procedures for both competitive events and for the special events.
- • Experience with PC Microsoft Windows and the programs associated with Windows in particular but not limited to; Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- • Strong oral and written communication skills
- • Currently enrolled in college
- • Must have a valid driver’s license along with reliable transportation
- • Must be able to commit to a regular schedule
- • Represent Special Olympics Kentucky in a professional manner
- • Must complete the on-line Special Olympics Kentucky Volunteer Orientation and the on-line Protective Behaviors Course.
- • Attendance at the events in which you support is highly recommended.
- • Expenses covered during travel related to events to include food and housing. There will be access to a company van to use for official business when asked to go from Frankfort to a destination and back.
- • Office resources provided on site; designated work area, computer, telephone and access to copier, fax and full kitchen.
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS PLEASE CONTACT DIRECTOR OF SPORTS AND COMPETITION, HUNTER BRISLIN AT 502-695-8222 OR HBRISLIN@SOKY.ORG