The Housekeeping Aide is responsible for cleanliness, sanitation and orderliness of all building areas and common public areas of our Assisted Living Apartments.
- Responsible for ensuring facility/common areas are kept swept, mopped, vacuumed, dusted and sanitized.
- Routinely clean residents’ apartments, common area bathroom facilities, and any other area in the Assisted Living Community in accordance with Sayre Christian Village policies.
- Count, weigh and record various quantities and amounts of supplies and products used.
- Responsible for responding to housekeeping requests by the various facility departments, residents, visitors and family members in a professional manner.
- Maintain the professional and clean atmosphere of Sayre Christian Village.
- Comply with state and federal regulations and with HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure proper use of all chemicals used in the cleaning process.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of accident protocol.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with residents and families.
- Ability to work collaboratively with residents and Nursing Home employees as needed.
- Must obtain a thorough knowledge of supply areas, laundry rooms, and residents’ rooms.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 2-3 years of experience in large facility Housekeeping preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Frequently communicates with employees, residents, maintenance and Laundry and Housekeeping supervisor.
- Frequently lifts objects weight up to 20 pounds.
- Frequently remains in a standing position.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends when cleaning residents’ rooms, bathroom and shower facilities and common areas.
- Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room.
- Frequently works with laundry appliances that can reach high temperatures.
- Frequently works with chemicals that can be hazardous if not handled properly.
VISIT www.sayrechristianvillage.org/careers to apply TODAY!