RES is looking for a Wetland Scientist – Ecology Lead, based out of our Richmond, VA office.
The mission: you will lead and mentor our Richmond ecology team (3+ people) and oversee project delivery from our Ecology division. The right candidate will have PROVEN TECHNICAL SKILLS and experience delivering quality projects. Strong MANAGEMENT skills are required, as well as a passion for wetland and stream ecology.
- Provide supervision and mentoring for our Virginia staff on wetland delineations and mitigation monitoring events.
- Prepare and/or QAQC reports pertaining to the establishment and monitoring of mitigation sites, pre-JD applications, impact permit applications, and other regulatory submittals.
- Coordinate with federal and state agencies.
- Be an internal resource on current best practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide technical guidance on new ecological restoration pursuits.
- 30% field/ 70% office
We would love to talk to you if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ of experience in ecological consulting services
- 3+ years Waters of the U.S. delineation experience
- 3+ years staff supervision experience
- Strong working knowledge of plant identification, vegetation surveys, and soil descriptions in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Basic understanding of stream and wetland restoration design principles
- Experience working with federal and state resource and regulatory agency personnel and various permitting processes
What will make you stand out?
- Certifications such as PWD, PWS, or permits for endangered species collection
- MS in an applicable environmental science field
- Experience with HOBOware and well monitoring
- Experience with Trimble GPS units, ArcGIS, and/or other ESRI data collection software.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.