The Marketing and Special Events division of NYC Parks develops and executes the materials, sponsorships, proposals, and citywide festivals that help the agency fulfill its mission. Additionally, the marketing team crafts and implements advertising campaigns for various City initiatives and oversees the Parks brand and identity. The production graphic designer will play an integral role working independently as well as collaboratively in visually communicating the agency’s mission.
• Under general direction, with wide latitude for independent judgment, work within NYC Parks’ brand guidelines to design print materials, merchandise, signage and other collateral for various divisions of the agency.
• Execute production-level design of all signage, including regulatory, wayfinding, history, and public art signs.
• Conceptualize and execute new designs as needed.
• Ensure consistency of all promotional materials.
• Liaise with vendors and set up production-ready files.
• Assist the marketing team with marketing, brainstorming and advertising strategies.
• Create original art and illustrations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design and/or Fine Art
• 1-2 years full-time paid experience as a graphic designer
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills; public speaking ability a plus.
• Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
• Environmental/interior design experience a plus
5-month contract position beginning in January 2023 with potential for extension.