Physical therapists are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Physical therapist will evaluate each patient, develop a plan of care appropriate to the patient’s needs and implement that plan of care, reassessing as needed.
o Always conduct themselves in a professional manner, including but not limited to with patients, patients’ families and co-workers
o Practice the Gold Standard behaviors
o Treat each patient with respect and dignity
o Be compassionate in caring for all patients
o Act as part of rehab team to provide the best quality of care, as needed, for each patient
o Direct PTA in treatment of patients appropriately
o Provide quality care to all patients
o Provide excellent service to patients
o Bill correctly and fairly for all service(s) rendered.
o Use all supplies in a fiscally responsible manner.
o Participate in continuing education of their choosing to advance their knowledge/skills
o Practice according to current evidence-based practice standards
o Participate in community outreach
o Attend one event organized by EMHS/BHMH
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others’ actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* No previous experience required.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* Physical Therapist
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status