Work Schedule: Weekends-Work 32 hours/week and get paid for 40 hours/week!
Sign-On Bonus for experienced RNs (Registered Nurses) meeting eligibility criteria!
Come find the fulfillment that comes with a career outside the walls of traditional nursing practice. The field of home care is quickly evolving to meet the future demands healthcare while leveraging technology to meet patient needs throughout Maine. Our RN (Registered Nurse) positions are unique by offering in-home, quality care one on one to patients in a setting where they feel most comfortable. Our clinicians work with patients and caregivers to create unique patient centered care plans that provide positive impacts on patient outcomes.
Each day brings new opportunities for learning, and at Northern Light Home Care & Hospice, we promote continuing education for the professional growth of our Registered Nurses (RNs). We also provide more scheduling flexibility than other fields to promote improved work-life balance.
Discover what your career has been missing! Come join our team of compassionate, skilled clinicians while exploring our beautiful state!
Directs and supervises the provision of healthcare to patients in their place of residence. Assesses patient health problems and needs, develops and implements nursing care plans, and maintains medical records. Administers nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. Advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provides case management.
• Collaborates with members of the healthcare team to provide integrative care for all patients through assessment, care plan development, and evaluation of patient outcomes as supported by completed documentation.
• Administers medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
• Records patients’ medical information and vital signs within the electronic medical record.
• Monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions within electronic medical record.
• Performs complete and accurate documentation within the electronic medical record as indicated per Agency policy.
• Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans and modifies plan of care based on patient outcomes.
• Provides service and produces work at or above expected levels of quality and consistent with agency defined quantitative standards.
• Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of profession and participates in continuing education.
• Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
• May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and agency required auto liability insurance.
* Ability to travel in assigned service area.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
Current ME license to practice as a registered professional nurse
Diploma or Associate’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status