Assists patients to move rapidly, uneventfully, and as effectively as possible through their episode of care while maintaining quality and safety as a priority. Delegates, directs, oversees and provides developmentally appropriate patient care. Practices professional nursing and promotes patient advocacy in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and maintains a current Ohio Nursing License.
– Provides nursing care using a Family Centered approach.
– Assesses individualized patient needs. Communicates patient care needs and priorities to assigned Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Patient Care Assistants (PCAs), Unit Coordinators, and Allied Health personnel.
– Plans, implements, educates and evaluates care using Evidence-Based Practices.
– Utilizes Therapeutic Communication while monitoring the physical, psychological, and social needs of patients and families.
– Engages in the workplace community by staying aware of changes, participating in data collection or auditing, understanding Quality Improvement, and representing staff at relevant meetings and then reporting important information and updates back to staff.
– Documents according to organizational standards, policies, and procedures.