Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what’s on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn’t hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers’ experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
The Lean Engineer CO-OP / Intern provides support for project based strategic company initiatives and the deployment of our Lean Operating System & operational transformation program, which we call Mvantage, in our manufacturing locations. This program encompasses the transformation of the people, the Management operating system and the systematic application of the Lean tools. Achieving the vision of a “learning, continuously improving organization across all levels of Masonite”, becoming the foundation for “Extraordinary Customer service” across all customers, internal and external.
This is an opportunity for an individual to obtain hands on experience in process improvement activities, participation in and leading of cross functional teams, execution of continuous improvement projects, and driving benefits in customer satisfaction, quality, safety, and productivity using the Lean methodology and tools. Ideal candidates would have an interest in exploring multiple career paths and willingness to move from location to location as new career opportunities arise because this position will provide the Lean Engineer the opportunity to transition into an Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, or Engineering leadership position within our manufacturing footprint.
- Learn the Mvantage program through internal training provided by the Continuous Improvement and Plant Leadership teams.
- Training will be provided as well as certification as a Kaizen Facilitator
- Assist in Mvantage Transformation activities in plant facilities and training of operators in the plant.
- Drive process improvements that sustain project goals, and provide timely, accurate, and meaningful information on project status, and keep updated financial records of project.
- Support strategic project and be responsible for completing assigned tasks to achieve specific project goals.
- Working with Lean Leadership Team to create new process documentation, training materials, Standard operating procedure documents, and providing training to the plant operators.
- Help add value to process and material flow for Continuous Improvement by understanding current process flow and elevating future process flow.
- Oversee management planning and execution for project while influencing behavior without the direct authority
- Working on Bachelor Degree with Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Business
- Lean training and certification preferred but not required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required.
- Experience participating in a team environment
- Must be skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Self-motivated to drive change and exceed expectations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to Manufacturing Sites as needed