Join our Stevie Award Winning Team at HUB International!
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the largest privately owned global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 14,000 professionals in 500 offices across North America.
We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
What You Bring:
You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB’s entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent.
We currently have an opportunity for a Producer to join our Property & Casualty team in our Springfield, VA office.
The selected individual will be responsible for producing new business and assisting in ongoing service to clients in accordance with the practices, policies, and procedures of the Company.
- Develop and achieve maximum sales volume consistent with individuals and company objectives.
- Identify, develop, and qualify new prospects. Qualify and handle leads generated by the company.
- Contact prospects to set appointment and gain information on expirations.
- Cross-sell lines of business for all of the company’s profit centers.
- Prepare accurate and complete applications on new and renewal business, including narrative describing all operations of the risk. Collaborate on preparation of marketing submissions for new business.
- Interface with company support staff and Marketing Department by meeting to review accounts, helping to determine markets to be used, follow-up dates, etc., and to otherwise assist in the timely and efficient processing of business.
- Prepare and/or present proposals to prospects and clients. Close sale.
- Develop and perpetuate a loyal customer base in relation to geographic and market considerations.
- Coordinate ongoing service for existing accounts with Account Manager. Collaborate with Account Manager to design and maintain appropriate insurance programs for existing accounts.
- Maintain production reports and attend sales meetings as required.
- Assist in collecting money, arranging satisfactory financing, or canceling coverage.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for retaining existing accounts. Be primary contact with clients for problems of all sorts, significant coverage concerns, and collections.
- Produce and service new commercial accounts while maintaining and enhancing HUB International Mid-Atlantic’s image in the assigned communities.
- Keep informed of changes and trends within the industry for the purpose of anticipating and responding to profit objectives.
- Conduct business in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of both the business and earnings implications of the Company.
- Previous experience in sales of intangible products
- Ability to identify potential clients and initiate contact
- Producer Broker’s License or willing obtain license post hire
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Willing and able to travel locally to client visits
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Sales Officer
What We Offer You:
At HUB International we want you to achieve an even work-life balance, and our benefits package allows you to manage your health, wellness, and financial future. HUB International will foster your learning, support your endeavors, and encourage your growth. We provide opportunities for career-driven individuals to move upward in our organization. Our successes breed your opportunity!
Benefits you may enjoy working at HUB International Mid-Atlantic, Inc:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Plan Reimbursement Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Life and Disability Plans
- Long-Term Care
- Identity Theft, Group Legal, Accident, Critical Illness, Pet Insurance and many more!
- Low-Cost Loan Program and Student Loan Resources
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, and Personal Time Off
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Continuing Education
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Dress for Your Day Dress-Code