On January 1, 2021, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd., Keihin Corporation, Showa Corporation and Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd. merged to form Hitachi Astemo, Ltd., a world-leading mobility solutions provider focusing on advanced mobility technologies within the fields of electrification, autonomous driving, and connectivity to help reduce environmental damage, decrease traffic accidents, and improve comfort. The name “Astemo” is derived from the words “Advanced Sustainable Technologies for Mobility” and describes the mission of the integrated company to “provide a safe, sustainable and comfortable mobility life through technologies that contribute to an advanced and sustainable society”. Our people are at the heart of achieving these goals, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We recruit and develop people from diverse backgrounds who can bring their skills and experience to our organization and make us even more effective. Own the Future and become a part of the team. We have a current career opportunity as a Production Engineer.
Recommends and implements improvements to existing production processes, methods, and controls. Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Coordinates the manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
1. Finds problems, plans, and implements improvements for existing product and manufacturing process issues.
2. Develop and maintain document quality system for new and existing programs (PFMEA, control plan, process flow, work instructions, and inspection documents).
3. Performs research, development, evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of manufacturing systems, processes, and equipment to meet requirements.
4. Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
5. Gives input to product design based on design for manufacture/design for assembly philosophy.
6. Performs cost-benefit analysis for product and/or manufacturing process cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
7. Leads or participates in Kaizen activities to ensure continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, products, components, raw materials, and equipment.
8. Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of building floor space, equipment, and tooling.
9. Performs routine activities accurately and promptly per instructions and procedures.
10. Train Production and Maintenance Associates to improve technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills on the production shop floor.
11. Performs other work as assigned by Management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with 0 – 4 years engineering experience. Experience in automotive manufacturing industry is preferred.
2. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and technical documents.
3. Must be proficient with 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks, and 2D CAD software, preferably AutoCAD.
4. Experience with programming PLCs, HMIs, vision systems, robots, lathes, and/or milling centers is preferred.
5. Excellent troubleshooting skills. Exhibits ingenuity/creativity regarding problem solving and countermeasure implementation.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Excellent organizational skills, able to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
8. Able to quickly learn basic knowledge of the company, products, manufacturing processes, and rules.
9. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Occasional lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
Combination of office and plant environment. May be required to use safety glasses and wear steel toe shoes while performing specific tasks or while in specific manufacturing areas.