Under the direction of the Grower and Grower Manager, the Assistant Grower is responsible for ensuring that crops are delivered on time, at or above the planned quantity, and according to internal specifications. The position requires a detail-oriented approach to ensure that a variety of crops develop per existing best practices. Among other duties, the Assistant Grower will determine irrigation needs, analyze media, scout for insects and disease, and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• A basic understanding around fundamental plant requirements, including irrigation requirements, fertilizer requirements, EC and pH management, and pest and disease identification/management. Also, an understanding of how each of these impacts plant development and scheduling.
• Ability to keep area clean and organized, both directly (hands on) and indirectly.
• A basic understanding of IPM principles, including scouting (hands on), placement of traps (hands on), distribution of beneficial insects (hands on) and application of chemicals (hands on) as deemed necessary by the Grower and Grower Manager.
• Ability to navigate Priva environmental software and communicate variances.
• Report concerns related to plant health or employee safety.
• A positive, flexible attitude and a common-sense approach are essential.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Requirements for the position include:
- Undergraduate degree in Horticulture, Plant Health, or a closely related field.
- A flexible work schedule to include some weekends
- Willingness to live and work from north central Ohio area.