At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that’s why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we’ve been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
The Real Estate and Facilities Department is seeking applicants interested in the position of Facilities Associate.
The Real Estate and Facilities team is responsible for the space planning and facility management of EAB’s four office locations – serving nearly 1700 employees. This role is based in EAB’s Richmond facility and will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day Richmond office related operational needs and requests that are in and round the building. The Facilities Associate will approach the position with a high level of attention to detail and unparalleled level of service, creating an engaging and well-maintained office space for EAB employees.
The Associate is responsible for facility management including but not limited to the following:
- Coordinates day-to-day facilities operational needs and requests in and around the office
- Manages incoming and outgoing office mail
- Responds to facility inquiries and issues, verifying the problem, and taking the necessary corrective action
- Connects with staff to build appropriate rapport; best understanding the needs, expectations, and requirements to achieve a high level of service and excellent employee experience.
- Remains knowledgeable regarding all operational aspects of building systems
- Assists with specific facilities vendor and service provider relations; assists in scheduling and documenting maintenance and repair service visits
- Responsible for receiving packages and materials for storage and/or distribution
- Organizes and maintains office supplies
- Assists in pantry management from inventory to maintenance needs
- Assists with set-up and break down for organizational events and activities
- Prepares offices and desk space for staff- arranging, moving, and building furniture when required
- Audits each office floor daily to assure they are being well maintained and tends to items that need attention
- Coordinates freight shipments for various projects
- Maintains storage facilities to assure they are organized
- Follows protocol for effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedures
- Leveraged across all Business Solution teams, including Events and Member Support
- Supports Real Estate team on various projects
- Performs other duties as necessary
- Education: High school graduate or GED
- 1+ year work experience
- Demonstrated success delivering service both internally and externally and record of achievement
- Proven multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively and efficiently solve problems, identify root causes and implement solutions
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis
- Capable of standing for long periods of time
- Positive, polished, poised and professional
- Education: Associate’s Degree
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization
- Proven experience in facility maintenance and working with building maintenance vendors
- Mail Room Experience
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Proficient in Outlook and Word and familiar with Excel
- Ability to identify and take initiative on projects
- Ability to communicate by e-mail and phone with internal and external clients
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as autonomously
- Demonstrated computer and analytical skills
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
· Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
· Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
· Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
· Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
· Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
· Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
· Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.