Are you interested in making a positive difference in the lives of children with developmental disabilities? Do you want to work somewhere where you KNOW you are making a difference every day?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
We are currently offering a $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!! Brand new full time employees, or part time employees working 20 or more hours per week, will receive their bonus in two installments: $500 at the end of their 3 week paid orientation and another $500 after completing 90 days of employment.
Being an Assistant Residence Manager has its Advantages
As an Assistant Residence Manager at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- The opportunity to be a supervisor and to gain experience in program management.
- The opportunity to develop the leadership skills needed to step up into a house manager position.
- Generous 5+ weeks of paid time off your first year.
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires! http://benefits.devereux.org Tuition Assistance after 6 months of full time employment – up to 12 credits per year!
- Access to the Savi Student Loan Checkup tool to help you navigate the student loan system – quickly see your repayment plan options and discover potential savings!
- A rewarding career while making a difference!
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New York provides programs and services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and dual diagnoses. This position is responsible for assisting in the planning, coordination, and implementation of the residence program. In addition, the Assistant Residence Manager will oversee intellectually and developmentally disabled adults, and partner with these individuals to facilitate daily care, enhance personal development, foster self-esteem, and meet or exceed individualized goals for success.
To qualify, we require our Assistant Residence Managers to:
- Have a HS diploma/GED with one years of related experience. Bachelor degree or Associates degree with one (1) year of related experience preferred.
- Have a valid NY Drivers License.
- Be flexible, patient, energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Have a strong passion for working with and helping children and adults with special needs.
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children
Physical Requirements : Pre-employment physical required. Significant and frequent amounts of walking, sitting, stooping, bending & standing required. Frequent planned, outside activities causing exposure to sunlight and heat. Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person at normal volumes. Vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc. Good manual dexterity.
CORE CURRICULUM (recommended training): New DirectionsTraining, First Aid Training, SCIP-R, CPR, QPR, OSHA, Blood Bourne Pathogens,Infection Control, Student Rights, Duty to Report, Corporate Compliance,Behavioral Management Training, Accounting/Budget Training, Computer Training,Interpersonal Skills/Assertiveness Training, Time Management/OrganizationTraining, Conflict Management, Utilizing Community Resource Training, ToleranceTraining, Devereux Awareness Training, Problem Solving, Applied BehavioralAnalysis, Understanding Autism, Documentation Training, CommunicationsTraining, Workers Compensation Awareness Training, Sexual Behavior and RiskPrevention Training.