Commercial Real Estate Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2021
Location: Madison, WI
MEMBERS Capital Advisors Inc. is the wholly owned investment affiliate of CUNA Mutual Group, managing $25.4 billion of assets as of June 30, 2020. Commercial Mortgage Loans are an integral part of our overall investment strategy with a principal balance exceeding $2.5 billion. The commercial mortgage portfolio includes over 500 loans secured by retail, industrial, apartment, and office buildings in every major US market. We work with a national network of mortgage banking correspondents to originate approximately $400 million of high-quality commercial mortgage loans in 2019, with individual loan sizes ranging from $3 to $30 million.
· Review financial statements, rent rolls, and inspections for each loan in the portfolio to monitor and track upcoming loan events
· Analyze market data including vacancy rates, rental rates, comparable sales, cap rates
· Prepare valuations using Argus software and direct capitalization analysis
· Job shadow the origination process and underwrite new loans
· Assist in reporting, closing & servicing, and portfolio management processes
· Filing, data entry, and Excel project work
· Job Requirements:
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with major(s) in Real Estate or Finance.
· General understanding of real estate fundamentals; has taken an introductory real estate course.
· Ability to work 40 hours per week during the summer.
· Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal.
· Analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Attention to detail and continuous improvement.
· Ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
· Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.