Build the skills, knowledge, and competencies necessary to take on a frontline leadership role in one of the aggregate locations for Tilcon New York, Inc.
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safety is the first core value at Tilcon New York Inc. This core value is every employee’s job duty and responsibility. Complies with all safety, health, environmental & training policies, procedures, and requirements. Learn how to operate within Tilcon’s safety culture.
- Participate in learning the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of the Aggregate Department. Learn the operations from the ground level, hands on, boots in the dirt. Spending valuable time in many of the jobs necessary for safe, quality production.
- Study and understand the relationship of the assigned Aggregate Department and their responsibilities to the Company and the Organization as a whole.
- Understand the job duties and responsibilities of each member in the Aggregate Department.
- Learn and be exposed to the Aggregate Department’s reporting and regulatory responsibilities related to local, state, and federal compliance.
- Observe and study techniques and traits of experienced employees in the Aggregate Department in order to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for completing departmental duties and the performance of the department.
- May be assigned projects and/or tasks by all the Aggregate Department’s leadership.
- Works in the Quality Control Department to understand the importance of the relationship between quality production and a quality aggregate product.
- Understand and attain basic supervisory skills necessary to take on a leadership role.
- Be exposed to and work to having a basic understanding of finance and accounting as related to aggregate operations management.
- Wears a hardhat, safety glasses, steel-toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection and respirator as needed.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- College Degree preferred in civil, mine or mechanical engineering.
- Internship in the mining or construction industry.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image.
- Ability to follow direction and complete simple tasks.
- Ability to be tactful with average communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with questions or problems, seeking assistance when needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be computer literate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk, and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
Range of Motion
- Fine Motor
- Repetitive Motion
This position requires an employee to lift:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Hot Weather
- Cold Weather
- Wet Weather
- Exposed to noise
- Exposed to high heat
- Moving equipment
- Working with others
- Safety, Integrity, Quality-Formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of CRH and Tilcon’s core values.
- Attracts Top Talent-Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborates-Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops Talent-Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results-Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation-Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Action Oriented-Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages Complexity-Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer Focus-Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Resourcefulness-Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Tech Savvy-Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.