Chicago Transit Authority is the second largest transit system in the country! Our college internship program offers summer and year-long internships that provide students with valuable work experience, professional development, and mentorship. Students receive exposure to the discipline of the workplace and are guided by subject matter experts who assist them in acquiring the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to perform in today’s technically demanding careers.
Interns at CTA work in a range of departments including:
- Administration Departments ranging from Diversity/EEO, Human Resources, Training and Workforce Development and more
- Board and President’s Office
- Finance and Purchasing
- Legislative Affairs and Government and Community Relations
- Safety and Security
- Transit Operations
Our internships are project-based; therefore, the skills that we seek vary based on the needs of the projects during each term. All majors are welcome to apply, but please see education experience/requirements for specifics about what disciplines each internship project is seeking.
Internships are part-time (15 hours a week) during the school year and full-time (40 hours a week) during the summer.
In this role within the Outreach & Engagement unit, interns will:
- Assist in our marketing efforts to promote hiring initiatives at CTA, specifically for our Part-Time Bus Operator position, which is currently a high priority for Human Resource and the Authority right now.
- Research recruitment advertising best practices and apply those in the development of 1 or more targeted campaigns.
- Research different types of media where we can advertise our job opportunities and conduct comparisons and analysis to help us get the best return on investment for paid advertising.
- Contribute to the creative side of campaigns, including copywriting and design concepts.