Healthcare’s helping hand.
CHG shook things up in 1979 by inventing the locum tenens staffing model. We connect doctors with patients who need their care. As the largest physician staffing firm in America, our providers treat millions of patients each year.
Our industry is growing and demand is high. This means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in your career. Keeping healthcare healthy can be as fun as it is rewarding.
Director Business Development will lead and develop an enterprise sales team who are responsible for targeting and cultivating new client partnerships for CHG. You will work with other leaders to develop strategies for organizational growth in new product and services, while also working with your people to develop strategies for closing deals. This position requires regular travel (about 35%) to visit clients, performing strategic organizational planning, attend conferences and other networking events.
Lead a team of business development professionals, responsible for opening new markets, new products and partnerships. Experience in leading multiple teams focused on consulting, business development and sales operations.
* Bring new value added products and services to market
* Experience or comfort in start up, fast moving environment
* Develop strategic vision, marketing plan and go to market playbook within new areas of growth for CHG
* Ability to operate autonomously, independently set strategic direction and execute
* Own team revenue targets and organizational structure to drive results.
* Coach and mentor team members by conducting weekly one on one meetings, side by side coaching and other growth-related activities.
* Accountable for team’s negotiated contracts; guaranteeing legal, financial, and operational compliance.
* Responsible for market monitoring of healthcare trends and impact to our large clients
* Help develop annual team budget
* Development of production action plan for individual team members oversee the creation of budget projections and implement strategies to meet revenue growth goals
* Create, drive and achieve defined sales goals
* Build and maintain strong cross divisional relationships with your counterparts to help accelerate client growth.
* Build and manage relationships with internal customers, which lead to increased collaboration and growth on enterprise accounts
* Represent the organization in a variety of professional settings to promote the value of the company brand
* Develop strategic/consultative partnerships at client’s executive level
* Provide an executive presence on site visits, internal/external quarterly business reviews
* Support the creation and execution of an overall ECS communication plan.
* Take responsibility for guiding the development of your team members individually and as a whole
* Take the initiative to build and promote a culture of collaboration and communication across the organization
* People leadership skills. Servant leader attributes
* Decisive, but also able to know when to enroll others at the Executive level
* Must be comfortable owning results without 100% control of teams. Highly accountable leader that has proven ability to get things done through others
* Strong outside sales skills based on collaborative approach with customers and strength in sales storytelling Strong customer listening skills Strong Business Development skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills and strong negotiation skills are a must
* Excellent internal influence skills. The ability to build creditability and trust at all levels (division President to front-line client rep)
* Strong presentation development and delivery skills Willingness to avoid being the center of the attention, yet influence in order to drive long-term results
* Prioritization skills with the ability to handle various customers demanding your time.
* Highly collaborative
* Ability to lead a team and effectively guide each individual’s personal development
* Ability to hold yourself and your team accountable to meet commitments and see results
* Ability to handle conflict situations and resolve issues timely and effectively
* Ability to influence key stakeholders both internally and externally
* Strong account management, listening, analytical and negotiation skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Proven track record of driving results and team engagement
* Proven track record of developing talent
* Prioritization skills with the ability to handle various customers demanding your time
* Estimated up to 50% travel – to include client, industry, and our external offices
Education & Years of Experience
* Undergraduate level business education training or equivalent experience
* Successful experience in operations management in the staffing industry or successful experience in the management of locum tenens staffing
* Successful sales experience in a professional or technical field
* Experience in the medical field, health care industry or locum tenens staffing preferred
* Good financial and marketing analytical abilities
* College degree preferred
* Bachelor’s degree required
* 5 to 10 years related experience in sales and account management with sales component in staffing or healthcare related field
* 5 to 10 years of people leadership experience
* Enterprise healthcare experience
* Understanding of Payer, Provider, Technology market
* Software sales
* Professional services
In return we offer:
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match
• Traditional healthcare benefits such as medical and dental coverage, and some unique benefits like onsite health centers, corporate wellness programs, and free behavioral health appointments.
• Flexible work schedules – including work-from-home options available
• Recognition programs with rewards including trips, cash, and paid time off
• Family-friendly benefits including paid parental leave, fertility coverage, adoption assistance, and marriage counseling
• Tailored training resources including free LinkedIn learning courses
• Volunteer time off and employee-driven matching grants
• Tuition reimbursement programs
Click here to learn more about our company and culture.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an at-will employer
What makes CHG Different?