*School credit is required*
About Autism Society of America
The Autism Society of America has been improving the lives of all affected by autism for over 56 years. The Autism Society envisions a world where individuals and families living with autism are able to maximize their quality of life, are treated with the highest level of dignity, and live in a society in which their talents and skills are appreciated and valued. The organization provides advocacy, education, information and referral, support, and community at national, state and local levels through its strong nationwide network of Affiliates.
Reporting directly to the Digital Marketing Coordinator, the Digital Marketing Intern will help plan, create, and implement the digital marketing strategies across multiple channels. This internship is unpaid and for class credit, must be approved through school or university. This position will be responsible for enhancing our Brand voice, messaging, and vision in a cohesive manner across our website and through email marketing. The marketing efforts support the Autism Society of America’s constituents, as well as the affiliate network that carries out the brand values in 75+ markets across the country. This position will work closely with other departments to coordinate content for events, sponsors, fundraising campaigns, development outreach, public policy initiatives, and affiliate support.
The Digital Marketing Intern requires creativity, an entrepreneurial, self-motivated spirit, an essential attention-to-detail, and a strong knowledge of digital marketing channels and trends.
Responsibilities of Digital Marketing Intern:
- Work alongside Digital Marketing Coordinator to manage the Autism Society of America’s website including the creation of monthly blog posts and page updates
- Monitor website traffic through Google Analytics and provide comprehensive reports
- Assist in creation of content for website landing pages, email newsletters, and other marketing materials
- Design promotional graphics used on digital channels including website and newsletters; Ensure designed graphics are visually appealing and aligned with brand aesthetics
- Assist in the creation of monthly marketing toolkits used to promote messaging consistency across our affiliate network
- Aid in the content creation and design of email newsletters in Constant Contact
- Conduct competitive analysis on relevant marketing campaigns, virtual events, and webpages
- Assist with tracking and reporting of digital marketing efforts
- Conduct keyword research for SEO efforts
Qualifications for Digital Marketing Intern:
- Majoring in marketing, business, or graphic design (intern will receive school credit)
- 2+ years with website management; Extensive knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, and other website platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years experience working in Canva and Adobe Suite
- Familiar with email management platforms, such as Constant Contact
- Comfortable working with Google Business Suite (Gcal, Gmail, Google Docs, etc)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Entry level experience determining how to cater campaigns to a unique audience
- Ability to work alongside a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward many initiatives at once
- Entry level understanding of marketing strategy and how to use the concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- Knowledge of autism spectrum disorder familiarity of autism community is a plus
- This internship is unpaid and for class credit, must be approved through school or university
- Attend events and fundraisers (virtual or in-person, when safe & appropriate)
- Remote work opportunity
- Opportunity for organizational advancement
- Opportunity to work in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment, make connections and learn a lot!
- The chance to make a difference and positively impact people’s lives
The Autism Society of America is an equal opportunity employer.