- Provides high level administrative support and coordination for purchasing department including managing supplier records, purchasing department documentation, and managing supplier certificates of insurance.
- Administer the corporate credit card program to include operation, training and changes in compliance with company policy.
- Responsible for purchasing department documentation including updating the policy and procedure manual and updating intranet and other record keeping as needed to meet department requirements and company policy.
- Provide assistance with inquiries and training with Oracle to internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Oracle supply chain system administration duties including: new supplier setup, registering suppliers for ALLETE software, assisting with expense report errors, last day of work notices, new job approval notices, CPA updates and Oracle troubleshooting.
- Participate in upgrades/enhancements or changes to current systems or implementation of new systems.
- Assist purchasing team members with closing purchase orders, expediting deliveries and purchase order acknowledgements as requested.
- Provide administrative support and special project support provided to Purchasing team members and department manager as needed.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Associate degree preferred with coursework in an administrative or procurement field, or closely related field highly desirable
Purchasing Associate II:
- Two years of directly related work experience.
Purchasing Associate III:
- Four years of directly related work experience
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships.
- Position requires excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Experience with Oracle preferred.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.