Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman of the board at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Project Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Managing project timelines and budgets for assigned projects
- Leading a cross functional team to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Successfully interact with multiple discipline teams including plant personnel, consultants and suppliers
- Specifying equipment performance and design criteria
- Estimating capital equipment and installation costs
- Protecting 3M intellectual property
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited program
- Three (3) years of combined experience in Capital equipment and/or Facilities project management in a private, public, government or military environment
- Project Management experience
- Prior experience with webline, extrusion, material handling, or inspection equipment
- Skills include presentations skills and ability to communicate effectively via written project proposals, including presenting project plans and statuses to management
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Remote work: May be authorized for a U.S. based location
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).