Graduate Entrance Exam & Study Material Funding
Location: KY, United States Experience Type: ICD Funding Opportunities
Professional exam funding is a one-time award. Limited funding is available for materials (see below) and one exam of the students’ choosing: GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, PCAT, and OAT. As of January 2022, all students requesting GRE funding must attend GRE prep weekend.
Note: If requesting funds for MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT, or LSAT exam, faculty recommendation is required. See the pre-health and pre-law pathways. Students should be planning to attend graduate school within 18 months of taking their exams. Our office will first provide you with exam study materials. Depending on your specific exam, we will then assist you in registering. Schedule an appointment with Mandy Snowden on Handshake to request funding.
Thinking of sitting for the MCAT exam, here are some preparation material resources to consider:
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) provides details about the MCAT Exam: There is number of practice materials for free or that you can purchase. They include:
- “What’s on the MCAT Exam”: Provides a comprehensive overview of what you need to review for the exam.
- Official AAMC MCAT Prep Store: You can purchase items such full-length practice exams, question banks, and flashcards.
- Roadmap to MCAT Content in Sociology and Psychology Textbooks (Free): Detailed information on where to find the concepts that you will need for Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior section of the MCAT exam.
- How to create a study plan : The AAMC’s suggestions to creating a study plan. Disclaimer: Everyone’s study plan is different.
Free MCAT Materials
- Khan Academy : Free practice questions and Videos with content like that tested on the MCAT exam.
- Altius Test Prep : Free practice exam
- Kaplan Online MCAT Practice Test: Take a practice Test and receive a detailed score analysis to understand your strengths and where you need to improve
- The Princeton Review : A full length practice test for free offered under the same testing conditions as the actual exam.
Paid Study Materials
- Kaplan Test Prep books:
- MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review 2021-2022: $219
- MCAT Self-Study Toolkit 2021-2022: $268
- Princeton Review MCAT Subject Review Complete Box Set: 2nd Edition, 7 complete Books + Access to 3 full-length Practice Test: $85
- ExamKrackers: Online MCAT classes, tutoring, textbooks, and more.
- ETS.Org : ETS.org is the official website where you will take the GRE. They offer preparation materials to get you test-ready.
- Magoosh : Magoosh offers a 6-month subscription for $179. Magoosh offers helpful video lessons, over 1200 practice questions, up to 3 practice tests, and study schedules.
- Kaplan : Online 4-hour practice test for free with a score analysis, answers, and explanation for every question. Self-paced online course for $449 and a Qbank prep from $69.
- American Dental Association ADA offers individual modules ($20 each) and a full practice test ($100). It also offers an ADA Free Sample Test Items.
- Kaplan : a 90-days access for $99 with self-study practice questions. A variety of online courses and tutoring. And Free practice questions
- Amazon : Crack the DAT – Dental Admission Test (2020-2021 Edition) for $350
- The Princeton Review : offers a variety of online courses and tutoring options. It also offers a free DAT online Practice Test.
Thinking of sitting for the LSAT exam? Here are some study materials to consider:
- Law School Admission Council : LSAC offers a free LSAT prep with 2 official prep tests. LSAC also offers a 1-year access with unlimited practice for $99. LSAC also collaborates with Khan Academy to provide free, personalized prep materials.
- Kaplan : Kaplan offers a free 3-hour LSAT practice test that comes with a detailed score analysis and answers and explanations for each question. There is also a free 7 days access to Kaplan teachers and resources. Kaplan also offers prep books for an affordable price
Thinking of sitting for the GMAT exam? Here are some study materials to consider:
- MBA.com : offers free two full-length practice exams and free access . It also offers more resources to match your personal study style.
- Magoosh : offers a 1-year access premium option for $249 with video lessons, practice questions, 2 diagnostic tests, and study schedules.
- Amazon : offers a variety of best sellers’ books for an affordable price. These books may come with an online access.